Drumroll please! Bum brumm bum brumm bum brumm I am about to revise my wish list of dreams right before your very eyes!
Hee! Hee! That was so fun. As I write this post I am determining the desires of my heart.
Psalms 37:4-5 [NKJV] says “4Delight yourself also in the Lord; And He shall give you the desires of your heart. 5Commit your way to the Lord, Trust also in Him, and He shall bring it to pass.”
I keep coming back to this passage. It is a promise from God for those of us who take the time to delight in the Lord. There are so many ways to delight in something (more on that in another post)! I journeyed into my heart and asked, “Milly, what do you truly want now?”
After mulling it over, I’m putting the fingers on the keyboard and updating Milly Dreams – circa 2018:
- The Grand Canyon – I still want my childhood dream of an awesome road trip to see the Grand Canyon. I must have been eight or nine when I first read about this geologic wonder. I knew I had to see it for myself. Everyone has at least one dream place to visit. This is mine. I have other places I want to see but, if I could choose only one, this marvel is it:
- Health – My moms say “The best revenge is getting healthy.” They are right! When I visit the Grand Canyon, I do not want it to be from a place of pain. When I go to the Canyon, I don’t want to just stand on an overlook. I want to move with the Canyon.
- Travel – I would love to see more of this beautiful country God has that given us. I’m not going to nail this one down just yet. We will see where God leads.
- Northern Lights – I’m not sure how I even go about planning such a thing. I don’t think it is something one can predict. It’s kind of like trying to capture a hurricane in one picture. I’m trusting I’ll be somewhere and God will show me His glorious light show.
- A Home in the Mountains – This one combines a bunch of dreams:
- Our Hometown – We need to know where the cabin will be.
- A Well-funded Retirement – Takes a little money to move and set up the household. Then we want to eat too! Imagine that!
- Work from home – Need the home to be able to work from home!
- Successful Author – I’m wrapping all my books present and future into this dream. Along with all the things authors do: Be published, be accomplished in the business, and write more.
- Inspire Others – I’m not sure how this one will play out. I personally cannot inspire anything without God. He inspires me. My blog started out as way to record my transition. The blog has definitely become something deeply spiritual for me. I hope my writing can trigger God’s inspiration for you. I don’t know where God is leading here. And I’m finding out…that’s good thing.
- Empty Nest – I feel like the teenager ready to graduate and move away from home. Except I’m in the sophomore year! I can’t move just yet: Finances are not secured, I need to finish my job, and I still have a commitment to the Princes. I pray God will help me give them the best footing possible to reach for their dreams after they leave my nest.
- Honor my Parents – I never thought of this as a dream until I wrote it. As you know I’ve struggled with this. It’s easy with my moms. They are fantastic and awesome ladies! Honoring them is easy. My dad as you know is a different side to the same coin. With my dad, I feel the weight of duty. It is a heavy yoke across my shoulders. God has promises for those that honor their parents. The ten commandments promises a long life. [Exodus 20:12] Ben Sira [NABRE] lays out the promises of atonement, riches, joy in children, prayers heard, and long life. Even without the promises, the bottom line is I don’t want to do a half-way job. I want to be strong enough to honor them. I will need God’s strength to complete this dream.
- Follow God’s Path – I have saved this one for last because it has become the most important to me. I didn’t think it was possible. I have an ambitious streak a mile wide. I have depended on my own understanding most of my life. I have made plans upon plans and when those didn’t work, guess what? I made more plans. In the process of discovering myself I found a little nugget deep in my soul. It was a small precious thing. I dug it out and washed it up. Tested it and polished it. The nugget was a seed of desire. It was my desire to follow my Shepherd wherever he might lead.
I planted the seed. In feeding it and watering it I found my delight in the Lord. I hope to find the words to express the Grand Adventure ahead. I do not know where the journey will take me, I do know I want to draw closer to God and inspire others to find their own Grand Adventure.
So much of this I do not understand. I have to remember Proverbs 3:5 [NKJV]: “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on you own understanding.”
Each and every adventure journey is a personalized tour. Mine will be different from yours. Our paths may cross or run parallel. But, the adventure will not be the same. Enjoy!